Thursday, July 19, 2007

Coins and Currency

Part of the reason I maintain a blog is because it is a way for my friends (and practically everyone else) to get to know me better. I few of my friends know that I collect coins and currency from around the world. Some of these coins and currency I have picked up in my various travels, some from friends, and most were purchased across the Web.

One of the problems I have with my collection is that I am the type of guy who wants to know all he can about his coins and currency. And while the Internet is "vast and infinite" (hat tip to Ghost in the Shell), I still have trouble finding information about certain coins. So I will start reaching out for assistance (and I will offer it where I can) by posting images of my coins and asking for help. Hopefully, there will be some knowledgeable numismatists ("coin collectors") who will hear my cry and come to my aid.

My first "cry for help" is to find a thorough source of information on coins from Panama. For instance, I am looking for as much information as I can get about the following coin -- a 5 Centesimo dated 1983 (see image).


If you know anything about this coin or Panamanian coins in general, please drop me a line. Thanks.

No comments: